HIPPY Program – Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters
In June of 2015, The Law Office of Jay J. Murray, P.C. donated 36 bikes to a class of Pre-K graduates in the HIPPY program.
The HIPPY program empowers parents as primary educators of their children in the home and foster parent involvement in school and community life to maximize the chances of successful early school experiences.
- A curriculum to prepare economically disadvantaged 3, 4, and 5 year old children for success in school
- Weekly contact with parents through home visits and group meetings
- Role-play as the primary instructional technique to train parents in early childhood development concepts
- Parent and child complete 20 minutes of activities per day resulting in 50 hours of school readiness instruction in the home.
- Monthly parent group meetings that allow parents the opportunity to share experiences and to learn about different topics of interest.
- The HIPPY model was designed to remove barriers to participation, due to lack of education, poverty, social isolation and other issues
To sponsor, support or learn more about the HIPPY program, please visit the DISD link for HIPPY.
Maybe you mean: 'Home-Slider' or 'About' or 'Partners-Logos' or 'Home-Slider-Personal' or 'DISDHIPPYProgram2015' or 'hungerbusters'